Your Home Inspection
Many people tell me if they have worked with other home inspectors, some also tell me what they liked or didn’t like
about those inspectors. I work hard to be an inspector you appreciate.
- Write an inspection report that you can understand, no trade talk in my inspections.
- Answer any question I know the answer to or find you an answer if I don’t .
- Deliver my report the same day or within 24 hrs.
- Always be available if you have questions.
- Consider you first, I am working for you and what we talk about is between us only.
Starting The Inspection
I will do a walk around the property and be looking at the sidewalk, driveway, landscaping, outbuildings, and be taking pictures and adding comments based on my observations.
The home and garage will be inspected for siding, roof, gutters, windows, doors, steps and railings to determine their condition.
Inside your home my inspection will include all floors, walls, ceilings and coverings. Windows will be opened and closed and doors will be tested to ensure door fit and the proper operation of locks.
The mechanical systems are tested, this means the plumbing including all faucets, drains, fixtures, water heater and even the shower pans are inspected, water pressure testing is also done at this time.
Electrical from where the service enters the home right down to the breaker panel will be inspected including outlets, switches and light fixtures. Smoke detectors and CO2 detectors are tested at this time.
HVAC inspecting is done to assure you your forced air furnace, boiler and central air conditioner are operating as they should be.
Insulation keeps you cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter and adequate insulation keeps heating and cooling costs down so my inspection will report on all accessible insulation and determine how your new home measures up to present day values.
Appliances are often included in the home sale so your dishwasher, range, fridge, even the microwave will all be turned on and checked for proper operation.
A complete home inspection will cover all the items mentioned above and more. To do this properly my inspection will take from 2 to 4 hours with most inspections done in 3 hours. All my home inspections follow the Internachi Standards of Practice.
Its All About You
Buying a home is a big deal. Before you make that move base your buying decision on fact, not faith.
Fact is, a professional home inspector will give you the report you need to make your home purchase a sound as well as an emotional decision.
- CMI/ Certified Master Inspector
- 35 years in the construction industry.
- Certifications in universal design, kitchen design and construction estimating.
- Both a HUD 203K housing consultant and REHAB loan consultant.
- Level 1 Thermographer.
- Radon tester certified.
- Member of the International Code Council
- Veteran Administration approved compliance inspector VA/ CI
- Licensed Wisconsin Home Inspector